News & Announcement
15th Sikkim State Open Swimming Championship held at TNA
Gangtok, 08 Sept: The 15th Sikkim State Open Swimming Championship organised by SASA was held at Tashi Namgyal Academy in Gangtok today. Minister of Sports & Youth Affairs, Mr. Kunga Nima Lepcha, graced the event as chief guest along with MLA, Rhenock, B.K. Sharma, Secretary, IPR, Ms. Namrata Thapa, Director, TNA and General Secretary, Sikkim Olympic Association, Jeswal Pradhan, as a special guests.
Addressing the gathering, chief guest Mr. Kunga Nima Lepcha stated that the new government is providing top priority for the promotion of sports in the State with proper facilities and infrastructure. He also congratulated all the winners and extended his gratitude to the organizer for have provided such platform to the budding swimmers.
The most promising swimmer title of the meet was bagged by Rickzin Tamang of Manjusri Public School while Veron Gurung of Delhi Public School, Siliguri was titled as the best swimmer with a new state record in the 50 mtr butterfly with a timing of 00:30:93 sec.
Best Swimmer Awards are as follows:
- Men’s open Category – Mr. Romario Gyatso, SASA
- Junior Boys (Group II) – Kyalden Dorjee Kazi, TNA
- Junior Boys (Group I) – Veron Gurung, DPS, Siliguri
- Sub Jr. Boys (Group IV) – Tshering Tashi Bhutia, TNA
- Sub Jr. Boys (Group III) – Saransh Thapa, Manjusri Public School
- Junior Girls (Group II) – Karma Diki Bhutia, Manjusri Pubic School
- Junior Girls (Group I) – Lakshashree Pradhan, TNA
- Sub Jr. Girls (Group III) – Ahalyaa Wanona Rai, Manjusri Public School