News & Announcement
Precautionary Measures and steps taken by State Government on outbreak of COVID 19 as on 24.03.2019
With the global outbreak of COVID 19 and the declaration of it as a global pandemic, the State of Sikkim, in order to contain the spread of Corona Virus in the State has adopted precautionary measures like-:
1. The State observed Janta Curfew following the appeal of the Prime Minister of India Mr. Narendra Modi on 23/3/19.
2. Social distancing is a part of measures to curb the spread of Corono Virus, keeping this in mind, the State Government has issued a circular where Group C and Group D employees are to attend the offices on rotational basis.
3. Minister IPR, Mr. L.N.Sharma visited Rangpo and took stock of the level of preparedness for COVID-19 prevention.
4. The Chief Secretary Mr. S.C.Gupta alongwith the team of State Task Force visited Rangpo Checkpost, Melli checkpost and the quarantine facility established at SIRD, Jorethang, South Sikkim.
5. Prohibitory Order on Complete Safety restrictions,Rectrictions on Inter-state movement, Rectrictions on Intra State Movement of vehicles and Quarantine instructions have been issued.
6. For complete prevention from the spreading of Corono virus in the State, notice of Complete Lockdown has been issued w.e.f 25th March,2020 to 31st March 2020.
7. Shops for PDS, groceries, vegetables, fruits, meats, milk and medicines and the services for the storage and transportation of required items have been asked to remain open from 9:00 am to 8:00 pm during the lockdown period.
8. The Departments of Excise, Commerce and Industries and Health have been asked to direct the Distilleries and Pharma Companies to produce hand sanitizers forthwith to curb the scarcity of hand sanitizers in the market.
9. The Food and Civil Supplies Department has been directed to ensure that there is no increase in prices of essential commodities.
10. Transport Department has been asked to arrange buses for on- duty medical staff during the lock down period.
11. Health Department has been directed to ensure that there is no shortage of medical facilities to cope up with the situation.
12. Pharmaceutical companies have been directed to be operational during the lockdown period for ensuring all medical safety precautions.
13. The department of Information and Public Relations organized a sensitization programme on COVID-19 to the media personal, film makers to disseminate proper/authentic information on prevention, precaution on COVID-19.
14. Entry of Foreign and Domestic tourists has been suspended till 15th April, 2020 till further order.
15. All public places such as Cinema Halls, Casinos, Pubs and Disco, Gyms, hotels, schools, colleges and Universities have been instructed to close down and public gatherings and events like Mela and festivals have also been instructed to close down or cancel until 15th April 2020.
16. Melli and Rangpo is the designated checkposts for screening. Rambam, Reshi and Uttarey checkposts have been closed for the visitors till 15th April, 2020, till further orders.
17. Thermal Screening is being carried out in Rangpo and Melli Checkposts.
18. Urban PHC (Old STNM), East Sikkim, Mines and Geology Building, Rangpo, SIRD Complex in Karfectar, South Sikkim have been converted into quarantine units and the respective district hospitals are the isolation unit.
19. Medicines, testing kits and all required equipment have been procured by the Government.
20. State Level Task Force and District Level Task Force have been constituted to tackle the situation.
21. Complete suspension on entry of new labourers into the State till the situation normalizes.
22. All non- urgent works like issue of certificates, land registration, mortgage, natural calamities work etc. is suspended.
23. Social Distancing has been advised to the people as a precautionary measure.
24. Control Rooms have been set up in all four districts with adequate infrastructures and their contact numbers has been widely disseminated to the public.
25. Help Line office has been set up for the State in Tadong with the Helpline Toll Free No. 104
26. Advisory has been issued by the respective District Collectors to the public to tackle the situation.
27. Awareness campaigns are being held in all the four districts.
29. Financial Aid is being provided from the Chief Minister's Relief Fund for procurement of equipment and up gradation of quarantine unit and other health facilities.
30. Section 144 banning the gathering of more than 5 people has been imposed in East and South District of Sikkim.
31. Travel Advisory Posters and stickers to be stuck on taxi's plying from Siliguri to further disseminate the information regarding the Travel suspension for tourists to the State.
32. Medical Team to be stationed at SNT complex for thorough screening of all the passengers travelling by SNT buses so that the burden in Rangpo and Melli checkpost is reduced.
33. All Departments heads have been directed to issue appropriate Notification/orders to ensure suspension of all non- essential work thereby ensuring social distancing